Pages

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Student Review - Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky


Recently, I have read Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. It was a very unique novel of a freshman who doesn't have many friends and happened to be cast into a group of seniors who change his life forever. He goes by the name of Charlie and, right off the bat, there is question due to how he speaks of his aunt Helen. Other than that, it tells an experience of drugs, laughter, drama, and of course The Rocky Horror Picture Show. What I liked best of this novel is that it is written in the form of a journal. Why I had enjoyed this so much is because you get Charles's perspective on his life. For me, it was like looking through his eyes as I read it. As a rating of one through five, I give it a solid four and I strongly recommend you to read Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky.

- Nathan