Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Read with the Teen Librarian: Historical Fiction

I want to have a way to share what I am reading (or at least some of it--because I read a lot) so I am going to start this semi-regular feature in the blog letting you know the YA books I've read recently, or maybe just talk about a book or two.

To kick off the new year, I am also going to join a reading challenge for 2011. There are lots of challenges out there based on genres, number goals, you get the idea.

Historical Fiction is one of my favorite genres, so I am going to try the YA Historical Fiction Challenge, hosted by YA Bliss.
 
 
There are three levels of this challenge and I am going to start with Level 1 (read 5 books) and upgrade as I find more YA Historical Fiction I want to read.


 



Here are my 5 books: 

Annexed by Sharon Dogar 
Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
Wicked Girls by Stephanie Hemphill
Cate of the Lost Colony by Lisa M. Klein
Countdown by Deborah Wiles


In case you want to try and read a historical fiction novel this year, you can use this list of YA Historical Fiction at the Booth & Dimock Memorial Library to find a great book. Keep in mind, this list doesn't include all the books out there or that we have. Let me know if you find one you think I should add to the list.